This website works best using cookies. Allow cookies?


Licences for businesses


Under legislation certain business requires an operator's licence and also an Employee Licence, this is to ensure public safety.  Business that require a licence are:

·        Late Hours Catering establishments

·        Market Operators

·        Metal dealers

·        Public Entertainment

·        Public Fireworks Display

·        Second Hand dealers (general goods)

·        Second Hand dealers (motor vehicles)

·        Sex Shops

·        Street Traders (Operators/Employee)

·        Taxi/Private Hire Car Operator

·        Taxi/Private Hire Car Driver

·        Wheeled Bin Cleaners (Operator/Employee)

·        Cinema

·        Civil Marriages

·        Fruit Machines (but not in hotels or public houses)

·        Window Cleaners


Updated: 20/03/13

lady on a mobile phone

Trading Standards

Advice, support and conciliation service on the supply of goods and services to consumers.
Supplementary Planning Guidance

Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)

SPG documents and developer contribution policies for applicants.
older lady

Advice Shop

Confidential help and advice on a range of issues.
planning applications

Online Planning Applications

Find a planning application using our online system...
Pay your Council Tax School holiday activities click here for councillors' surgeries Click here for information on benefit changes